Sunday, February 3, 2013

I needed to write a post!

Yikes - it's been awhile since I've written a post! Like I said last weekend, nothing interesting has really happened recently. It's just been standard teaching and Perigueux (boring, rain); I supposed I could write about teaching and tutoring, but it's really not all that interesting, and once I get to the end of the day, I'm not really in the mood to write about work.

Karen was here last weekend and then came again this weekend; it's pretty quiet in Villefranche! Last weekend we did a lot of shopping (because it's still the big sales month in France) and I bought a couple dresses. I picked up a pair of shoes that match the one dress this week - which brings my pair of shoes total up to four. I think I'm done with shopping in France, or else I'm never going to get everything home. This weekend we hung out a lot - but more excitingly, we planned a few trips! We made our reservations for our Normandy trip: we're going to spend one night in Paris, two in Rouen, and four in Caen. From Caen we'll be able to take a day trip of the beaches and the Normandy museum, and also do day trips to Mont-Saint-Michel and possibly Honfleur. I think we'll make calls on where we want to go once we get there, though of course the beaches are a definite.

Karen also decided that she's going to travel with me in May! Hooray! She bought tickets to come to Reykjavik with Katie and me, and we talked a lot about what we want to do before. As of now, the tentative plan is to go to Stockholm with Michelle (my friend who I'm visiting in England), go to Berlin before to stay with my friend Cathi, and go to Venice before that (Karen hasn't been there before and I am more than happy to go back). Beforehand Karen will be in Barcelona with her family and I might go to Nice/Aix-en-Provence on my own (if I'm going to travel for a few days on my own I figured I'd pick French cities that I want to visit - that way I know the language). Hopefully these plans will go from tentative to sure this week! Plane tickets are only about $65 between a lot of these cities, so we could do all of our traveling for about $200 or so - which is kind of absurd.

And, speaking of traveling, I go to Milan next weekend, so soon I'll have fun pictures to put up again! And then it's only three weeks of school after Milan until the winter vacation (Normandy and England). I realized that at that rate, the next few months are really going to go by very quickly.

Today I need to plan out my lessons for the week, both for school and for tutoring lessons, and  I really don't know what I want to do. I might try to do some planning for next week, too, since I definitely won't be planning while I'm in Milan!

I'll try to write another time this week. I guess the point of blogging while I'm here is also to write about everyday life in France. It just hasn't been particularly fascinating lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment