Saturday, February 16, 2013

One thing I forgot to mention

There was one eventful thing I forgot to mention.

Today at the market I bought a big bottle of homemade pumpkin/squash/onion soup. I got a recommendation from the lady selling it and was very excited to try the soup and then save the nice glass bottle and use it for something in the future. I even bought a baguette to eat with the soup.

Though you've already guessed where this is going, I'll tell you anyway. When I was half a flight of stairs (really, like six steps) away from my apartment door, I fell and broke my bottle of soup all over the place. The only upside was that it was in a bag so there wasn't glass everywhere, just pumpkin soup that had gushed out of the bag when I fell and glass cut the plastic open. Thank goodness there are only two-and-a-half of us in the building (the guy downstairs pretty much just uses his place for storing furniture, so he doesn't totally count) and therefore no one walked by to witness me wiping soup off the stairs.

And instead of eating delicious fresh homemade pumpkin soup with a baguette for dinner, I ate a packet of Ramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment