Sunday, February 17, 2013

School stuff

I've been meaning to steal these pictures from Mark for awhile now and put them up on my blog. When Mark was here we went to the school after classes had let out so he could see it. He wanted to see the teacher's lounge and the classroom where I teach most of my classes. Since there weren't a whole lot of people around, we could take pictures without being totally conspicuous. So here's some evidence of what I do with my life 12 hours of the week:


Here's my box in the teacher's lounge so people can leave papers for me. I don't actually get that much in it, but sometimes it's useful.


And here's me posing slightly awkwardly with my box - way down on the floor.


Mark was excited that my name was listed on the list with all the other teachers and assistants. Marina is listed there as well.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the teacher's lounge, which is actually quite nice. There are just always people there and I would feel really awkward just getting up and taking pictures of the room. It would be weird.

My classroom was empty when we went though, plus I've taken a few photos on my iPhone.


Here's a photo of my itty-bitty classroom. When the students walked in for the first time, every class said, "OH! C'est une mini salle!!" (Salle is room, so you can probably guess the rest.)


View from the room. On one of the days that it snowed earlier this year. People are rarely out there using the tennis courts and stuff. The French aren't as into P.E. as the Americans are.


And Mark took a picture of me "using the board." Unfortunately I didn't have my dry-erase markers with me, otherwise I would have written something!

I don't have much else to say tonight, but I thought that this kind of post was long overdue! I've prepared most of my stuff for the week, so I'll probably take it easy tonight. Or do some job research or something.

Also, the weather was beautiful again today and looks like it might be nice all week. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment