Monday, June 27, 2011

I guess I understand why people get tired of blogging

        I'm not necessarily sick of my blog yet, but I've realized that it's difficult to be witty every entry. Particularly when you're just so tired from hiking up the stupid hill to the hotel everyday. You'd think that the hill would get easier the longer you've been here, but that's wrong. It gets worse. Particularly when you're lugging groceries and wine with you.
        One of my classes went to the American Consulate today to talk about cultural differences between the French and the Americans. It was actually pretty interesting. Then my history professor gave me a ton of book titles that I can use for my thesis; it's amazing how excited I am by this fact. That's probably a good sign considering how much time I have to devote to my thesis next year. And sorry if I've been bringing this up too much. Obviously it's on my mind, plus I can't get over how great this professor his. He's hilarious. Today when we wouldn't define the word "marivaudage" (flirting) for him he told us he was going to make us go out in the streets and witness marivaudage first-hand.
        In random news, while not everyone here dresses well, there are four-year-olds here who dress better than I do. It's disheartening. Though I will give every girl on this trip points for their shaved legs, because a really gorgeous and chic girl sat across from us on the train on the way to Arles...but her legs were definitely not shaved. But then all the boys on this trip get points for normal-length pants. Because you just can't say much about French men when they're wearing those strange capris.
        Cross your fingers that something interesting happens in the next day so I can write you an amusing story next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment