Thursday, June 16, 2011

A formal apology

You don't realize until you're packing to leave the country for five-and-a-half weeks how many products are required to simply be female. I mean, honestly. If I were a guy, I could probably get away with a backpack and a tote bag for this whole trip. Then again, if I were a guy I wouldn't be using the words "tote bag," let alone the object itself. Either way, this is my chance to offer Jeff (one of my future roommates with whom I'm sharing a bathroom next year, in case you don't know) a formal apology. I am now realizing how much stuff I actually use - and need - everyday to maintain this whole girl thing. Sorry that I will be jeopardizing 90% of our bathroom storage.

Emily got here today, and we've spent much of the evening weighing our suitcases and unpacking and repacking them (she suffers from this same extreme-amount-of-product-and-clothing affliction that I do). We pretty much have everything in order at this point, and we've moved on to being relatively (or extremely) uneasy about tomorrow since we both hate flying. Cross your fingers for a smooth flight for us! We'll be crossing ours - and perhaps partaking in glasses of wine in an airport or on the plane.

For now I'll keep the blog posts short. Life is pretty uninteresting (though highly stressful) the day before you travel.

P.S. I bought my Tums.

No comments:

Post a Comment