Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Deodorant

What is the single greatest thing about American bars?

They don't smell like French bars. Like the no-shaving thing, I'm really unclear on the no-deodorant theme as well. It makes you just a teeeeeny bit more claustrophobic than usual on the dance floor.

I checked out les soldes yesterday and bought some sweet French clothing. Ability to be a snob when people ask me, "Where did you get that skirt?" by answering, "Oh, in France": check! Afterward, much to my chagrin, I went back to the hotel, tried to read for class, and fell asleep for two hours. Maybe it's being in France, but for some reason I was much less angry than I normally am after I nap. Good nap juju here.

Mark and I are going to Paris this weekend - and hopefully (cross your fingers and toes) Michelle will be coming down from Oxford to join before she goes home to the States next week. The first and only other time I've been to Paris was with Michelle, so I'm really hoping she'll be able to join us. I also hope that this time neither of us will be extremely ill with colds and Michelle will not practically hallucinate from the strange French cold medicine the pharmacist gives her. Also, a word to the wise: don't plan a trip to Paris in the middle of the summer only three days before you're planning on leaving. We had a hell of a time trying to find a "reasonably-priced" (read: nothing is reasonably-priced in Paris) hotel last night. But who cares? Cause I'll be in Paris this time in two days!

It's dreary here today, so I'm going to go to class and then work on a project with my friend Karen. I think they have some couscous dinner planned for us tonight (either the French or the Lyonnais love couscous, because there is a lot of it here), and I'm hoping it happens because I neither feel like making pasta again nor like paying for dinner. Of course the couscous dinner comes out of our program fees, therefore it's not exactly free...so thanks, Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog will need a new name for a couple days. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when people ask where I got my *insert article of clothing here* and I can say "oh you know, I bought it in London". I feel so (italicize for effect) fancy.

    ReplyDelete