Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Perigueux and Sarlat 2.0

First off, Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noel one more time. I hope it's been great for anyone who's celebrating!

Now, time to catch up on what I've been doing for the last few days.

Mom, Dad, and Colleen arrived in Perigueux on Friday afternoon after a very long time of traveling. I spent Friday evening and Saturday morning showing them around the town, which they enjoyed. Maybe I feel a bit more charitable toward Perigueux now, since they had nice things to say about the town. We also did a lot of shopping, which is always a plus. I got some crazy shoes and ordered a purse from a cool leather shop that I like. Unfortunately, the weather was kind of gross and rainy, as it had been in Perigueux for about nine days.


The cathedral with holly berries in the foreground and the enormous manger scene set up inside.



We went to the Gallo-Roman history museum in Perigueux, a place I've been once before. You can walk amongst the ruins of an old mansion from Roman times, which is very cool. Dad, however, was more interested in the architect who designed the building (a famous guy, apparently) and spent a lot of time talking about the expanse of the roof.

It was funny to be in Perigueux but staying in a hotel instead of my apartment. But it was good, too. It made it feel like I had started my vacation, which I was definitely in need of.

After Perigueux we made our way over to Sarlat, a town I've written about before, which is where we still are tonight. Sarlat is very pretty, very cool, and very old, so it's not a bad place to have to visit twice.


I didn't take a ton of pictures in Sarlat because I got a ton the last time I was here. But we had pretty weather, so I did take some!


The weather was so nice in fact that we sat outside in a cafe and had drinks. It was definitely not Christmas-y weather!


Pretty, pretty!


Sitting with some geese. We tried to get Dad to take this picture but Colleen decided he's only good at taking pictures of buildings, so we had Mom take the picture instead.

I was going to write about/put up pictures of the other cities that we visited, but I'm really tired and the internet is slow to upload photos, so those will have to wait until tomorrow. We have a five hour drive to Spain tomorrow, so maybe I can draft a post while I'm in the car. Our goal is to stop to see some cave paintings (because this is the area of France that has lots of Cro-Magnon cave paintings) and maybe in Bordeaux for lunch, so hopefully all of that will happen as well, because that would be cool (particularly the cave paintings!) I'll also have more to say about the trip up to this point when I post the next post because I'll be able to talk about new stuff. I've already talked about Perigueux and Sarlat on this blog, so I don't have much else to say tonight - plus, like I said, I'm super tired!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment