Thursday, December 20, 2012

Frenching up my hair

Yesterday I got my hair cut and highlighted by someone other than my stylist, Vivianna, for the first time in about 12 years. I was (overly) nervous that I was coming to come out of the salon with hair too blond, too short, too streaky, or just bad. I actually sat in the chair rationalizing that most people have a bad haircut at some point in their lives, so it would be okay if mine didn't look that good after the guy finished.

As you can probably guess, it all turned out fine. The guy actually did a great job and my hair doesn't look that much different than before. I still think Vivianna does it better, but I'm happy with what Nicolas did, and I'll definitely go back to him in the spring. (Plus he was nice and gave me the student deal on my haircut. Oh, and I got locked in the bathroom at the salon and couldn't get out for a few minutes. But that's just an aside.) So that was a huge relief. Now I know that I'll look normal in all my pictures with my family. I was dreading that we'd look back on the pictures in the future and everyone would laugh at my weird over-dyed hair, but it looks like I'm in the clear. Though Mark did tell me on Skype that it looks more French than normal. Maybe so.

There is only one class now standing between me and vacation. It should be okay because it's with middle schoolers, and they tend to be a happier bunch. This morning I had two classes with high school seniors - and they were extremely surly today. I guess mostly because everyone is ready to be on vacation.

Mom, Dad, and Colleen arrive in Perigueux tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to it! I need to pack my clothes and make sure my apartment is clean before they get here, so I have lots to do this evening and tomorrow - but that's okay with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment